Director of Care, Registered Nurse (RN) – Not for Profit, Long Term Care
Maxwell Management Group Ltd. is proud to partner with Nisbet Lodge, a private, non-profit, charitable organization serving older adults in the heart of the Danforth/East Toronto community, in the search for a Director of Care.
About Nisbet Lodge:
With a long history rooted in Christian faith, the two communities on our campus (103 LTC beds and 62 apartments) offer living arrangements that align with the needs of our residents and tenants including long term care, and seniors housing in a good neighbours community including Calvary Church. Our Charitable Foundation raises funds and other donations to enhance the comfort, dignity and welfare of our older adults.
Our mission is to meet the health, spiritual, social and physical needs of our residents and tenants. We strive to live out this goal by enhancing the lives of those who have made their home our seniors’ housing and long-term care residences. We seek to provide a work environment where teamwork, staff engagement and professional development are essential for success.
Motivated by the Christian faith, we believe in:
- People: Respect, Compassion and Well-being
- Quality: Excellence, Accountability and Integrity
- Connections: Teamwork, Community and Partnerships
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Care (DOC) is responsible for the management and leadership of the Nursing Department. The DOC is required to meet the needs and expectations of the residents in accordance with the standards and guidelines of the Ministry of Health Long – Term Care Facility Program Manual.
The Director of Care is also responsible for adherence to the respective regulations and relevant legislation including but not limited to the Resident’s Bill of Rights, the standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario and the Home’s mission and policies. This includes promoting and fostering resident driven programs and care that reflects the values and preferences of the resident and is in keeping with the Mission Vision and Values of Nisbet Lodge.
- The Director of Care works closely with the Executive Director to set, monitor and improve standards, policies and procedures for quality resident-driven care that meet the individual needs and expectations of each resident, including involving residents in the process whenever possible.
- Leads the multi-disciplinary team, ensures the development and maintenance of goal directed care in conjunction with front line staff, other health care professionals, families and where appropriate, residents to ensure that the care needs of the residents are met.
- Creates opportunities for individuals to make choices and to take actions that will promote the residents’ sense of self esteem and foster dignity and independence of thought.
- Leads and reviews the infection Control Manual, pandemic plan and ensures that employees are aware of outbreak procedures, cleaning and disinfection practices, routine and specific disease precautions to minimize the opportunity for the spread of infections.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to prepare a nursing budget and administers the approved budget. Assist with the monitoring of the nursing budget on a monthly basis and explains any significant deviations.
- Registered Nurse with a current certificate of competence from the College Nurses of Ontario.
- Current membership with Gerontological Nursing Association (GNA) and Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) is preferred.
- Post – RN education, certification or degree in nursing administration and management, preference is BScN or business degree in health management, particularly long-term care and further education in gerontology, geriatrics and/or rehabilitation.
- Three years relevant management experience in a unionized long-term care facility, head nurse in chronic care or senior management in a health community agency.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working as a Registered Nurse in the Long-Term Care sector.
- A highly competitive compensation and benefits package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.