The Hellenic Home for the Aged Inc. is a not for profit organization dedicated to providing exceptional quality care and services to the seniors in our community that enhance their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. By staying at the forefront of our community’s ever-changing needs, our service is second-to-none. Our seniors live in a nurturing environment that respects, enhances and promotes their dignity, independence and happiness. The Home offers a unique cultural setting – one that is proud to recognize the customs and traditions of our residents who are of a predominantly Greek ethnic background – but with a long-standing commitment to provide for the needs of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
The Hellenic Home for the Aged Inc. is comprised of two main divisions: Housing and Long Term Care. This includes a 225-unit seniors’ apartment complex, Supportive Housing, Adult Day Program, and two Long Term Care facilities, with 82 beds in Toronto, and 128 beds in Scarborough. Their dedicated staff works with families, volunteers and other service providers and agencies to address and provide for the needs of seniors.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for the management of a centralized human resources department managing HR responsibilities for both the Toronto and Scarborough campuses.
The HR Manager will provide HR advice to all levels of the organization regarding HR management. The key areas of accountability include promoting Hellenic Home culture and values, all activities related to employee/labour relations, human resources policies and procedures, health and safety, recruitment and selection, payroll, and benefits.
This is a rewarding opportunity if you have a desire for continuing professional development, career advancement and enjoy the support and collaboration from our multidisciplinary team.
- Responsible to oversee the current labour negotiations and ongoing labour relations throughout the organization
- Ensure policies and procedures are current and are in keeping with current relevant legislation for HR, Health and Safety, and AODA
- Oversee the Health and Safety program throughout the organization including 3 JHSC committees and meetings, WSIB claim submissions and management, and early and safe return to work
- Manage and oversee the recruitment process throughout the organization, including onboarding of all new staff. Responsible for the AODA multiyear plan and policies
- Responsible for collection and analysis of HR indicators
- Oversee Performance Management program and Employee appreciation program
- Oversee Bi weekly Payroll and Group Benefits & Pension Administration
- University degree in Human Resources or post-secondary diploma in HR management or equivalent
- CHRP designation an asset
- Minimum three — five years of professional HR Generalist experience in Human Resources Management
- Experience in