Maxwell Management Group Ltd. is proud to partner with Doig River First Nation in the search for an Intermediate Accountant to join their team.
Doig River First Nation is a vibrant Indigenous community located in beautiful British Columbia. Our community values tradition, culture, and strong connections to the land and our ancestors. We are dedicated to fostering a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment for our members, promoting their overall well-being and growth.
Our vision, for the community is that:
- Everyone feels cared for and supported in their journey towards Kema (health and well-being)
- Traditional wisdom and knowledge is being combined with technology to create a better future
- Everyone has the resources they need to live a good life
Kema means ‘a good place in nature’ in Dane-zaa Záágé. The concept of Kema is about people coming together and living healthy lifestyles as a connected community. When our people are physically, emotionally, socially, culturally, environmentally and intellectually healthy we find Kema (a good place). Kema is founded on four key principles that have guided our people since time immemorial.
We are seeking a talented and dedicated Intermediate Accountant with a solid foundation in accounting practices, including the successful completion of their CPA or Core I of the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP). Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for various accounting duties as well as assisting in the preparation of periodic financial reports and providing backup for all payroll functions.
Join us in supporting the financial well-being of our community while contributing to the growth and success of Doig River First Nation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- CPA Designation or Advanced level CPA Student.
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, financial reporting, and budgeting.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office suite.
- Understanding of the cultural context and sensitivities related to working with Indigenous communities.
- Salary Range: $75,000 – $80,000
- Full benefits
- Matching RRSP
- 8 weeks vacation (includes 6 weeks of scheduled office closures per year)
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 207
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that