The Nurse Manager (NM) is accountable to the Director of Nursing and Personal Care (DON) for the quality of resident care. The NM is also accountable for the management of the nursing units and the management of all health care and services required to meet the needs of the Home’s residents, in accordance with the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario and the Ministry of Long Term Care (MOHLTC).
The NM is considered a member of the Lakeland Leadership Team and has the authority associated with that role, ensuring the successful operations of the home and resident care. As a manager within the home, the NM receives the flexibility and benefits associated with this role and is considered a significant contributor to enhancing Lakeland’s Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Registered Nurse with current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Post-Graduate studies in Gerontology or other Long-Term Care related education and training is preferred.
- Preferred Experience working in a recognized geriatric, rehabilitation or long-term care setting as a Charge Nurse/New graduates with compassion and deep interest to work in long term care sector are also welcome.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, team building skills, verbal and written communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- A highly competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.