Victoria Village Manor is looking for a Nurse Practitioner (NP) with 2-3 years of Long-Term Care experience and the ability to provide services to a resident population of 128 residents. The NP will work closely with two family physicians and a physician assistant.
The successful candidate must be able to build strong working relationships and bring a positive energy and inquisitiveness to the position.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs a focused health assessment and/or an advanced comprehensive health assessment, using and adapting assessment tools and techniques based on resident needs and relevance to resident stage of life.
- Performs a complete health history appropriate to the resident’s situation, including physical, psychological, emotional, ethnic, cultural, and spiritual dimensions of health.
- Monitor the ongoing therapy of residents with chronic stable illnesses by providing pharmacological and counseling interventions. Counsel residents and families on symptom management, health maintenance, pharmacology, alternative therapies, rehabilitation strategies and other health programs.
- Provide services related to health promotion, illness and injury prevention, rehabilitative care, curative and supportive care, and palliative/end -of-life care.
- Communicates with residents and their substitute decision-maker(s) regarding health assessment findings and/or diagnosis, including outcomes and prognosis.
- Attend resident care conferences as required.
- Develop, initiate, and maintain a preventative health monitoring program using the EMR and working with other health care team providers.
- Documents clinical data, assessments, findings, diagnoses, plans of care, therapeutic interventions, resident responses, and clinical rationale in a timely and accurate manner.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a registered nurse in the extended class who holds an extended certificate of registration as a registered nurse under the Nursing Act 1991, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current membership in professional associations:
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO)
- Nurse Practitioner’ Association of Ontario (NPAO)
- Two-Three (2-3) years’ clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Geriatric nursing in a long-term care setting an asset.
- Teaching experience will be considered an asset.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.