Reporting to the Director of Care, The Nurse Manager is responsible for assisting in coordinating activities of the nursing department and the provision of quality care for the residents at Hellenic Home for the Aged (Scarborough) Inc.
They will assist with coordinating programs that include but are not limited to: infection control, falls management, pain and palliative care, skin and wound management, restraints and PASD, staff development, occupational health and safety, continuous quality improvement.
- Monitors residents’ health status on an ongoing basis and assists Resident Home Area Co-ordinators in identifying appropriate nursing interventions.
- Actively participates in the mandatory required programs – i.e. Pain and Palliative Care, Falls Management, Skin and Wound, etc.
- Participates on assigned committees – Occupational Health and Safety, Long Term Care, Palliative Care, Restorative Care, Infection Control, Accreditation teams.
- A Registered Nurse with a current certificate from the College of Nurses of Ontario, and in good standing.
- Experience in gerontology nursing in a long-term care setting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, with experience in infection control, staff development, palliative care, and quality improvement programs.
- A competitive compensation plan has been designed to attract top performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 214
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.