Manager, Nursing Unit, Registered Nurse Long Term Care
A leader in long-term care, this home provides residential long-term care and community services to seniors in a culturally sensitive environment that honors the Italian heritage. Since its opening, our client has remained a unique and very special home with a tradition of excellence and a commitment to quality care. Today, 391 residents call it their home and thousands of others benefit from their many community services such as: Meals on Wheels, the Alzheimer Day Program, Supportive Housing, Frail Elderly Centre and Elderly Persons Centre.
The Manager, Nursing Unit is a member of the Resident Services Leadership team and has primary accountability for the delivery of effective resident-focused care and services. Oversees operating budgets and staffing associated with approximately 115+ long-term care beds as well as any assigned clinical portfolios such as Infection Prevention and Control, Skin and Wounds, Falls and Restraints.
- A Registered Nurse; member in good standing of the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Postgraduate degree required. Other equivalent combination of formal training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 4 years experience in a Nursing Leadership position including experience managing/supervising employees in a unionized environment.
- Clinical experience in long-term care setting and/or gerontological nursing a definite asset.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with clinical portfolios in long term care, including Infection Prevention and Control.
- Excellent organizational, observation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong attention to details with excellent nursing assessment skills
- Able to work under pressure and manage difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to demonstrate and articulate resident and employee safety strategies.
- Demonstrated aptitude to work independently, but also able to work within and lead teams.
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing programs that address operational and resident needs and evaluating program performance and reporting on achievements.
- Experience in managing staff (e.g. leading, motivating, monitoring and evaluating performance), in a complex and high-volume work environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively build/sustain partnerships with internal and external residents/clients/stakeholders and write reports.
- Problem solving and analytical skills to assess operational performance assess risk, develop improvement plans, conduct research and analysis, and monitor budgets.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize during high volume periods.
- Ability to assist with reviewing business processes and analysis to streamline and improve work efficiencies.
- A general knowledge and understanding of government legislation in the Long Term Care Homes Act and its Regulation and other areas of labour relations, employment and human rights, health and safety, WSIB and other relevant legislation.
- Proficiency in using a variety of computer software packages including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Point Click Care.
- Ability to work after hours, rotating shifts including days, nights, weekends and statutory/religious holidays as needed.
- Ability to speak in Italian a definite asset.
- A competitive compensation package has been designed to attract top performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: