Executive Director, Long Term Care
Welcome to Peterborough & the Kawarthas – a fresh, natural authentic destination filled with warm people, active living, and incredible opportunity.
Located only 60 minutes from Toronto, this region offers the best of both worlds, a dynamic blend of city and county. An urban city with all amenities yet surrounded by active farmland and beautiful cottage country.
Maxwell Management Group Ltd. is proud to partner with the Fairhaven Home in the search for an Executive Director.
Fairhaven is a 256 bed Long Term Care home and our services are designed to respond to the needs of each individual resident. Varying degrees of assistance, support and services are available to our residents to ensure that Fairhaven meets their needs while, at the same time, encouraging their individuality and independence.
Fairhaven moved to our current location in 2003 and has a special care unit where programming is adapted to the functional needs of residents who are physically active and cognitively impaired. Fairhaven staff provide residents with assistance, support, opportunities and encouragement to assist them to meet their individual goals.
Reporting directly to the Committee of Management (COM), the Executive Director is ultimately responsible for strategic planning, administration, financial control and evaluation of all services, programs and activities of Fairhaven. They develop facility-wide policies and provide the Committee of Management with information and advice regarding: administration; organization and management of the Home; Resident care; and personnel related matters.
The Executive Director will promote and support a high quality of life for Residents, and an inclusive, diverse working environment for staff.
- Provides Fairhaven’s COM with appropriate, consistent and ample operational and financial information monthly which allows members of the Home’s management board to carry out their governance duties properly and thoroughly
- Attends monthly Fairhaven COM meetings to deliver applicable reports, provide consultation regarding Home and long term care (LTC) sector issues, and receive requests for research and review projects to be completed in order to support COM in the management aspect of their role
- Ensures that a broad spectrum of high quality and cost efficient additional services are available, on-site, to meet Resident needs (ophthalmology, audiology, dental, IV therapy, hairdressing, foot-care, laundry room, etc.)
- Ensures that Fairhaven is in compliance with all legislation regulating care, service provision and employment standards including, but not limited to, the Long Term Care Homes Act (2007) and O.Reg 79/10
- Participates in internal (Family Council, Resident Council, Foundation Board, Professional Advisory Committee (PAC), Quality Committee, etc.) or external professional committees (AdvantAge Ontario [AO] Benchmarking Committee, AO Municipal Advisory Committee, MOHLTC Long Term Care Case Mix Index Technical Working Group, MOHLTC Financial Working Group, etc.) as required
- Meets with Residents, family members, staff and others to deal with specific Resident concerns, as appropriate
- Ensures that continuing education of staff and volunteers meets, or exceeds, both operational needs and legislative requirements. Facilitates the maintenance of a culture that values appropriate continuing education and the development of Fairhaven as a “centre of learning”
- Ensures that all Managers support the mission, vision, core values, goals and objectives of Fairhaven, through the administration of their departmental operations
- Encourages the maintenance of a strong Infection Control (IC) and Prevention culture by communicating the importance of IC and promoting the importance of staff diligently following the Infection Control and Prevention programs that Fairhaven has in place
- Undergraduate health, social services or business administration degree
- Progressive management experience, including three – five years in a leadership capacity in a long-term care or other health services provider (HSP).
- Completion of a certificate course in long term care Administrator Leadership that meets the Long-Term Care Act requirements for Administrator preparation and qualification
- Effective leadership, communication, problem solving, conflict resolution and presentation skills
- Demonstrated competency to manage multi-disciplinary staff (union and non-union)
- Knowledge of Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care standards as well as other provincial acts, regulations and various pertinent legislation
- Thorough knowledge of fundamentals of management principles and administration. Knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulations governing LTC Homes
- Fairhaven provides a highly competitive compensation package, Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension, a comprehensive benefits package, and professional development opportunities to attract top performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 209
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.