The Director of Nursing and Personal Care is responsible to the Administrator for the management and leadership of resident care services. The Director of Nursing and Personal Care is also required to meet the needs and expectations of the residents in accordance with the standards outlined by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) in the Fixing Long-Term Care Act and the standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario, and Lakeland Long-Term Care’s mission, vision, values and policies. This includes promoting and fostering resident-centered programs and care that reflects the values and preferences of the residents.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from an accredited University.
- Registered Nurse with current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Post-Graduate studies in Gerontology or other Long-Term Care related education and training is preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working as a Registered Nurse in the Long-Term Care sector.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working as a Registered Nurse in organizational management in a health care setting (past or current experience as a Director of Nursing or Associate Director of Nursing preferred).
- Demonstrated leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, team building skills, verbal and written communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- A highly competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.