Our valued client is a not-for-profit service agency that has provided leadership in service to seniors and developmentally disabled individuals since 1968. Tri County Mennonite Homes’ mission is “Making Every Day Matter”.
They have three operating divisions.
- Nithview Community in New Hamburg – Independent Living, Retirement Assisted Living, Long-Term Care
- Greenwood Court in Stratford – Independent Living, Retirement Living, Advance Care Plus Suites, Long-Term Care
- Aldaview Services in New Hamburg provides support to people with developmental disabilities
As a valued member of the team, the Director of Finance and Corporate Services is responsible for overseeing the financial, human resources and facilities services for all divisions and will be reporting and working closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Director of Finance and Corporate services will partner with the senior leadership and the board of directors to develop and implement strategies across the organization.
The Director of Finance and Corporate Services must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace. This will include leading the financial analysis and financial planning for major redevelopment and expansion projects for TCMH’s divisions.
The successful candidate will have the option to work remotely some of the time or utilize office space in either Stratford or New Hamburg.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Develop budgets for capital projects and provide the CEO and board ROI analyses and appropriate strategies for interim and long-term financing.
Planning, Policy, and Investor Relations
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets.
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts.
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Engage the finance and audit committee of the board of directors to develop short-, medium, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Remain up to date on non-profit audit best practices and provincial and federal laws regarding non-profit and charitable operations.
- Develop fundraising strategies and targets and oversee the fundraising activities.
Accounting and Administration
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for government ministries and agencies, donors and TCMH’s board of directors;
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of reports to ministries, HST returns and other submissions.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Oversee the IT functions provide primarily by an external service provider.
- Oversees the human resources management functions to ensure a person-centred culture in all TCMH divisions that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance
- Ensures compliance with employment legislation, including Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Act. Pay Equity Act and collective agreements
- Supports the division managers in complying with sector legislation, including Long-Term Care Homes Act, Retirement Homes Act and Developmental Services Act
- Provides leadership to the Facilities Services department in continuous improvement initiatives
- Offers guidance to senior leadership and the TCMH Board on best practices for capital projects; renovations; and building, equipment and grounds maintenance
- Oversees the development, implementation and monitoring of strategies, policies and procedures for preventative maintenance, energy conservation, waste management, green construction and other initiatives
- Oversees the financial management of the Facilities Services department, including the development and monitoring of operating, capital and project budgets.
- Excellent compensation package with full benefits designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 214
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.