Director of Environmental Services, Continuum of Care
The Director of Environmental Services will be responsible for overseeing the Environmental Services Team, ensuring the effective performance of general building and property maintenance requirements, laundry services and housekeeping services, within the existing legislative and regulatory requirements. He or she will also ensure the proper maintenance of HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems and equipment. This individual will coordinate the day to day operation of the maintenance department and respond to resident and employee service calls. The Director of Environmental Services will oversee the upkeep and preservation of the facility’s grounds, including landscaping and snow removal. Other duties include installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining production and facility equipment. The Director of Environmental Services will also be responsible for developing and implementing emergency plans and procedures and for overseeing emergency preparedness and safety for the facility.
The Director of Environmental Services is a key contributor to the Senior Leadership Team in the development of strategic goals and implementation of facility wide policies, procedures and safety practices. In addition, the Director of Environmental Services will play a key role in capital projects, including the upcoming redevelopment of long term care beds.
Qualifications & Skills:
- High school diploma/GED Completion of a craft educational program, or an equivalent number of years of education and Facilities Maintenance Coordination experience.
- A college diploma in a mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance an asset.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of buildings.
- First Aid Certification an asset.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation. Knowledge of long term care home and retirement home legislation and regulations is a strong asset.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email.
- Ability to develop departmental and capital budgets and related reporting.
- A competitive compensation package, including OMERs pension plan, has been designed to attract top performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 214
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.