The Director of Care (DOC) functions as a member of the senior leadership team and is responsible and accountable for administration and clinical results in the 160-bed Long Term Care Home. The DOC directs, plans, organizes, supervises, coordinates and evaluates high quality nursing care, therapeutic and rehabilitation services and resources. The DOC is also responsible for the clinical, financial and staff management of the Nursing Department and assists in developing departmental philosophy, goals, objectives, standards, policies, practices and procedures to ensure the highest quality of care.
- Directs and coordinates all resident care including the provision of primary health, advanced nursing care and wellness services to meet the Residents’ nursing and personal care needs, consistent with the professional Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Participates in the nursing services preparations throughout the year for Compliance Review, Case Mix Index (CMI) Review and Accreditation Review.
- Leads and participates in quality initiatives for the department through the establishment and measurement of key performance indicators and the implementation of improvement plans.
- Works in collaboration with the nursing team through consultations on best practices, supervision of staff practices and the monitoring of any resident infections.
- Participates in budget planning, annual department operating and multi-year capital budgets, including staffing requirements and recommendations for equipment purchases and program supplies.
- Oversees admissions.
- Models leadership through engagement on the floor with staff and develops a human resource plan for nursing services; ensures departmental job descriptions and performance standards are current and conducts performance reviews; manages labour relations issues
Health and Safety
- Carries out Health and Safety practices in accordance with UHS Health and Safety Policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario; ensures accident and incident reports are documented; participates in monthly fire drills.
- Attends all annual mandatory in-services; maintains current knowledge with current best practices, legislation and regulations of the College of Nurses.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the management of a nursing department.
- Proven record in clinical care management, financial management, organization development, communication and human resource management.
- One year of experience working as a registered nurse in the long term care sector.
- Current knowledge of geriatric/long term care best practice and standards.
- Proficiency in computers – Microsoft Office, Word, Excel.
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills; ability to exercise good judgment; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; empathetic attitude.
- Excellent compensation package has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 206
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.