We are seeking a dynamic, collaborative, and inspiring leader to join our team as Director of Care for Better Living at Thompson House. It is the goal of the team at Thompson House to provide its residents and caregivers with a feeling of home. A great part of the reason we are able to do this is our collaborative company culture and the longevity of our staff.
Join us in leading a team that is proud of the care they provide; committed to advancing quality and resident centered initiatives; and looking towards rebuilding while maintaining our history and values. Reporting to the Administrator, the Director of Care manages all nursing services including the selection, training, safety and work assignment of all nursing staff. They are also responsible for the physical and emotional health and safety of the Residents. The successful candidate will balance strong leadership skills with a commitment to providing resident care with compassion, dignity and integrity.
- Accountable for the highest standard of resident care and quality of life being provided for the residents through the development and maintenance of appropriate care plans, effective supervision of the performance of nursing staff, provision of the required equipment and supplies and appropriate staffing pattern, nursing services, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the development and management of the nursing services budget according to the policies and procedures of the organization and the funding available within the nursing envelope.
- Manages the nursing staff including hiring, orientation, continuing education, supervision, regular performance evaluation and if necessary termination.
- Ensures compliance with the provisions of the Fixing Long Term Care Act and adheres to the Standards of Nursing Practice, Code of Ethics, Registered Nurses Act and Regulations as defined by provincial legislation.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Long Term Care.
- Minimum of 3 years managerial experience in a union environment; previous experience as a Director of Care preferred.
- Current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Leadership experience, with accountability for budget, workforce management, business operations, and stakeholder relations at the organizational or division level.
- Ability to establish and maintain a collaborative work environment focused on empowering employees to achieve organizational objectives through the effective organization and delegation of work assignments; the clear communication of organizational expectations; and the achievement of shared goals.
- A highly competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.