Reporting to the Administrator, the Director of Care is responsible for managing all aspects of nursing care within this 192 bed long term care home to ensure quality resident care through the effective, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the Nursing Department to provide quality resident care
- Interprets nursing philosophy and establishes and implements goals and objectives, policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, etc., for both residents and department personnel in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements
- Liaises and consults with families/residents, government officials, company resources and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities
- Oversees mandatory committees
- Assumes responsibility for the facility in the absence of the Administrator
- Registered Nurse required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- At least one year of experience working as a registered nurse in the long-term care sector required
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience as a registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting required
- Experience in dealing with unions, disciplinary action, attendance management and performance management
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills required
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, unionized settings and labour contracts preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques including education
- Excellent compensation package with full benefits designed to attract star performers
- Continuous mentorship, support for life-long learning and growth opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth within the organization
- A rewarding and meaningful work experience where you can enrich your life and the lives of others through your work
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Robust benefits package
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 206
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.