Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Care is responsible for managing all aspects of nursing care within the home to ensure quality resident care through the effective, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the Nursing Department to provide quality resident care.
- Interprets nursing philosophy and establishes and implements goals and objectives, policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, etc., for both residents and department personnel in accordance with policies, procedures, and legislative requirements.
- Liaises and consults with families/residents, government officials, company resources and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities.
- Assumes responsibility for the facility in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of one year of experience working as a registered nurse in the long-term care sector.
- Three years of working experience as a registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, unionized settings and labour contracts preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques including education.
- A competitive compensation package has been designed to attract top performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.