Our Client is seeking a Director of Care to join their accomplished team of professionals at their 96 bed Long Term Care Home in Lindsay, Ontario.
As a Director of Care, you will contribute a high level of care for residents, and enhance their overall quality of life. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Care (DOC) supervises the nursing services in the home. The successful candidate assists in maintaining quality care and conforming to physician’s orders and LTC home and governmental policies. The DOC supervises and observes direct resident care within the facility, and serves as the primary means of communication to the Executive Director regarding all aspects of resident care and services in the home.
- Responsible for the implementation of the objectives, policies and procedures relating to the Nursing Department to ensure high standards of resident care on a daily basis.
- Oversees all medical and nursing documentation for adherence to applicable legislation for legibility, relevancy, currency and accuracy and initiates necessary action to maintain the same.
- Monitors these records on a regular basis ensuring they reflect the residents’ care needs.
- Accepts responsibility for each admission regarding transition, on-going care and success of obtaining and maintaining resident’s maximum level of independence.
- Ensures all necessary nursing department responsibilities are completed as required.
- With the Executive Director the Director of Care functions as liaison person between the Home and the residents and their families ensuring open communication.
- The DOC reviews and investigates complaints pertaining to nursing department.
- Monitors nursing staff as to competency, providing assistance and guidance as necessary.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director carries out disciplinary action when required.
- Reads, investigates and analyses all residents’ incidents. Initiates corrective action as required.
- Completes incident report summary and analysis and submits copy to Executive Director.
- Responsible for PSW and registered staff meetings, and education programs for the nursing department.
- Participates in the preparation and delivery of annual performance appraisals for the nursing department.
- May be required to act as the Infection Control Lead of the home.
- Shares “on call” responsibility as necessary with other administrative personnel.
- In exceptional circumstances, may be called upon to cover registered staff shifts.
- Current registration and good standing with College of Nurses of Ontario.
- At least one year of experience working as a registered nurse in the long term care sector.
- At least three years of experience working as a registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the LTC applicable legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent compensation package with full benefits designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.