Our valued client is seeking a:
Director of Care, Long Term Care – New Hamburg, ON
The town of New Hamburg can be found midway between Kitchener and Stratford, Ontario. The downtown showcases well-maintained Victorian homes, many of which are used to house businesses such as bookstores, fine dining restaurants and offices. Flowing through the downtown core of New Hamburg is the Nith River which features a 50-foot waterwheel, touted as the largest operating waterwheel in North America. Fishing and picnicking are favourite pastimes that can be enjoyed at the Nith River. New Hamburg is a great place to live and work!
As a valued member of the team, the Director of Care demonstrates a commitment to the quality of resident care by providing services in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission and values. Nithview’s mission is “Making Every Day Matter”.
The Director of Care is accountable for the overall management of the nursing department, resident care services and nursing staff based on quality management, legislative requirements and the organization’s standards.
- Leads in strategic planning for the Interdisciplinary Care Team.
- Ensures the Resident Care Mission including philosophy, annual goals and objectives for residents’ care and nursing services are congruent with the organization’s mission statement.
- Ensures the utilization of the nursing process by delegating clinical responsibility to the Registered Nurses and Interdisciplinary Team as appropriate.
- Oversees the management of the RAI MDS Program, including managing RAI Coordinators with support from ADOC, to ensure RAI MDS program mandate, standards and resident care needs are implemented effectively and the program is optimized
- Conducts unplanned inspections of the nursing areas, documenting any unsafe conditions and ensuring unsafe conditions are corrected.
- Ensures the safety of residents through the provision of Infection Control and Risk Management programs.
- Provides a quality management approach to continuously improve nursing and resident care services.
- Assumes responsibility for the Home’s operations in the absence of the Executive Director/Administrator.
- Promotes the Residents’ Bill of Rights and the philosophy and practices of resident centered care and respect in all residents’ encounters and decisions.
- Manages nursing budgets to ensuring sufficient resources/equipment are available.
- Ensures sufficient numbers of trained caregivers to meet the needs of the residents.
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Gerontological Nursing Certificate, through the Canadian Nurses Association, is considered an asset
- Current membership with Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO)
- Successful annual completion of RAI MDS certification as per MOHLTC requirements for AIS
- Minimum 1 year of experience working as a registered nurse in the LTC sector
- 3 years relevant management or leadership experience in health care, or long-term care facility
- Effective planning and leadership skills required for managing the nursing department in areas such as staffing, problem solving, decision making and budgets
- Must have a sound familiarity with the funding process and the funding indicators
- Must have an extensive knowledge of MOHLTC regulations
- Must possess excellent proficiency with WORD, email, internet use and computerized documentation
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills required
- Competitive compensation package designed to attract star performers.
Leaders Helping Leaders…We Welcome Your Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
Oops! We could not locate your form.