Reporting to and partnering with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and as a member of the Executive Team, the Chief of Finance and Operational Services (CFOS) will play a critical role in developing and implementing the financial and operational strategy of The Elliott Community.
The CFOS will provide strategic oversight and sound expertise related to compliance of regulatory issues related to Finance, IT, Environmental and Dietary portfolios specifically within the scope of Long-Term Care, Retirement residences and Life Lease.
The CFOS will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization, in conjunction with the Board of Trustees and the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board.
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
- Develop a strong strategic understanding of all organizational operations and how they affect the financial wellbeing of the organization now and into the future.
- Oversee the preparation of all financial and statistical reporting requirements to external agencies, internal financial statements, operational variance analyses, and business analyses.
- Provide leadership to the finance department staff on accounting, reporting, internal controls, budgeting, and other financial matters.
- Within this Executive Team portfolio you will be responsible to lead and supervise various operational Directors and Managers.
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA).
- University degree, preferably in business or commerce.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a medium to large not for profit organization, preferably within long term care/senior’s living, public sector or healthcare field.
- Strong leadership abilities, work ethic, and positive team attitude.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
An excellent compensation package including:
- Superior benefit plan
- OMERS pension plan
- Generous vacation allowance
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 214
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.