Are you passionate about food and providing customers with outstanding service?
Are you looking to join a team of passionate, dedicated people who strive to be the best in the industry?
Then this opportunity is for you!
Our valued client is currently seeking a:
Chef/Cook, Simcoe, Ontario to join their team!
The ideal candidate is a bright and energetic team player who is detail-oriented, has a strong work ethic and takes ownership of their work. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work independently while keeping a positive and professional demeanor. This individual is responsible for ensuring that the food is prepared in a proper and safe manner and presented to the customers in a palatable and appetizing appearance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation of meals according to the posted menu and standardized recipes, ensuring that the high standards are executed and respected at all times.
- Facilitates the service of food, ensuring client food preferences are respected and quality presentation is maintained.
- Ensures that all food service functions are performed in a clean, sanitary manner.
- Assists the Manager in control of food costs, waste, and ordering.
- Receives all food and supplies and checks delivery slips prior to signing, note and reports problems to Manager.
- Ensures food is safely stored, properly labeled and dated after receiving to avoid spoilage and facilitate proper rotation.
- Ensures compliance with all public health regulations and standards.
- Recommends and institutes change in technique or procedure for more efficient operation.
- Inspects for food supplies and determines what quantities of food should be reordered and communicates this to Manager.
- Performs other duties and functions as required.
- Minimum Cook papers from a recognized college, Certified Red Seal Chef preferred.
- Must have experience in quantity food preparation and kitchen equipment.
- Must have 3 years experience in related food service industry.
- Must have empathy for, and an understanding of the needs of our customers and their guests.
- Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions, as well as arithmetic calculations.
- Knowledgeable of the Health and Safety regulations; maintains a current certificate in CPR/First Aid
- Competitive salary to attract star performers.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
Oops! We could not locate your form.