Our valued client is a not-for-profit service agency that has provided leadership in service to seniors and developmentally disabled individuals since 1968. Tri County Mennonite Homes’ mission is “Making Every Day Matter”.
- Nithview Community is a Best Practice Spotlight Organization and has been selected by the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO) to implement and evaluate the RNAO’s best practice guidelines. Nithview Community is committed to continuous quality improvement and is thrilled to work in partnership with the RNAO to ensure the advancement and delivery of best practices in the healthcare sector and at Nithview Community.
As a valued member of the team, the Assistant Director of Care demonstrates a commitment to the quality of resident care by providing services in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission and values.
In collaboration with the Director of Care, the Assistant Director of Care is accountable for the management of the nursing department, nursing staff and resident care services within the long term care home in accordance with quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
- Co-ordinates, directs and monitors the effectiveness of all operational activities within the nursing department
- Ensures and promotes the provision of resident centered care and services to meet the needs of the resident
- Contributes to operational plans for the effective operation of the nursing department. Delegates responsibility to nursing staff based on clearly defined lines of authority and communication
- Participates in the implementation of an effective quality and risk management system for the nursing department to ensure legislative regulations and standards are met. Participates in strategic planning and accreditation activities
- Use quality tools to assist in determining root cause of issues and subsequent plans of improvement initiatives
- Fosters effective interpersonal relationships between residents, families and other interdisciplinary health team members
- Participate in the recruitment, orientation, development, evaluation, discipline and termination of nursing team members
- Monitor and evaluate that nursing unit team members are compliant with the organization’s policies and procedures and Ministry standards
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited university
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Successful annual completion of RAI MDS certification as per Ministry of Health requirements for AIS
- 3 years’ experience of clinical nursing in a geriatric, long-term care, rehabilitation or chronic care setting
- Current Gerontological Nursing Certificate, through the Canadian Nurses Association, is considered an asset
- An excellent compensation package has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.