The 160 bed Long Term Care home is a gorgeous, newer, state of the art facility, located in the heart of St. Catharines, within a well established neighbourhood community. This home boasts excellent facilities, superb social, spiritual, recreational and therapeutic programs for seniors, and dedicated nurses and support staff.
We invite you to speak to us about joining this very unique, progressive team. Join a team who:
- Has strong clinical support with 1 Director of Care and 3 Assistant Director of Cares.
- Is currently implementing the “Butterfly Model” to provide the best care for residents with dementia.
- Has a strong RAI-Coordinator with 15 years of experience in RAI-MDS
- Is currently partnering with the RNAO to achieve their Best Practice Spotlight Organization designation
- Has received a grant from the Centre for Aging and Brain Health for researchers from Western University to study virtual reality in moderate to severe dementia
This is a very unique opportunity! Don’t delay – call us today!
- Oversee the delivery of resident care including infection control and staff education and orientation
- Contribute to the quality management program for the nursing department ensuring required outcomes are achieved
- Ensure standards of resident care and services are consistently achieved.
- Ensure all MOHLTC requirements are met
- Assume the Director of Care duties in the absence of the Director
- Assist with the development and management of the nursing department budget
- Contribute to a home environment for residents that ensures the values of the home are maintained and upheld
- Registered nurse with current CNO registration
- BScN preferred or Nursing Unit Leadership Certificate
- Minimum 3 years nursing experience preferably in LTC
- Minimum 1 year management experience in the LTC field
- Strong leadership, team building & analytical skills
- Exceptional communication, documentation and people skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with RAI-MDS
- Understanding and empathy for the needs of seniors
- Police background clearance for vulnerable persons sector
- Excellent compensation plan, full benefit plan and RRSP
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 206
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.