Reporting to the Director, Seniors Services, the Administrator is responsible for the daily administration and management of the designated home and related programs. This includes administering, directing and coordinating the delivery of Medical, Nursing, Dietary, Environmental, Health & Safety, Therapeutic, Social, Recreational, Day and Outreach services and activities in the Home to ensure residents, clients and visitors are provided with services that are compliant with all applicable legislation and regulation, reflecting the Home’s commitment to a safe, secure and client focused environment.
- Ensures the delivery of high quality care and services for residents of the Home and related programs.
- Oversees and leads the coordination of multi-disciplinary teams in the development and implementation of programs and services for all residents of the Home.
- Researches senior’s issues to maintain an awareness of current LTC and seniors’ issues, service needs of clients in the community and residents of the Home, to implement best practices in client care and services.
- Ensures that the Home is properly supplied with all required material and equipment and provides advice and assistance to the Director regarding planning and control measures; makes recommendations for appropriate allocation of funds to meet service delivery and resident care needs.
- Assesses and monitors the Home’s program expenditures on an annual basis.
- Leads the process to review and recommends the budget for the Home and monitors the budgets of reporting Managers to ensure expenditures fall within budgeted resources.
- Ensures quality assurance activities to monitor program effectiveness and support continuous improvement attitudes within the Home.
- Builds a positive labour relations climate, ensures the safety and wellbeing of staff and focuses on improved position management, recruitment strategies and retention of qualified staff.
- Provides effective relationship management with all external stakeholders, Regional and local municipal politicians, municipal staff, external government and non-governmental agencies, and the communities served.
- Ensures that all reports and statements required from the Home are prepared on a timely and efficient basis and forwarded to the Director’s office for consolidated and legislative reporting to the MOHLTC, LHIN and Regional Council.
- Under the supervision and direction of the Director, and working with the management of the Home, develops and maintains appropriate and effective after hours management on-call protocols for the Home; this includes the Administrator assuming on-call duty after regular working hours and weekends and statutory holidays on a rotating basis.
- University Degree in Health Services Management, Business or Public Administration, Clinical or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Provincial Certification as a Long-Term Care Administrator (achieved or registered and to be completed within 2 years of hire date), to meet the legislative requirement for such certification).
- 3 – 5 years demonstrated experience in a unionized environment, including significant direct senior managerial experience that includes program, financial, budget administration, nursing program delivery and human resource management within the Long-Term Care sector and/or related seniors services, healthcare, or community services sector(s) and demonstrated minimum of two (2) years of direct supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable legislation, municipal and Regional government organization and structure, industry standards, issues and communities served, pertaining to Long-Term Care.
- Leadership competencies including operating strategically, leveraging diversity and differences, customer focused, ensuring accountability, managing complex problems, financial management, employing interactive and effective communication, fostering collaborative relationships, cultivating engagement to drive vision and purpose, managing and developing talent, establishing and maintaining trust, displaying self-awareness, and demonstrating resiliency.
- A competitive compensation package including benefits has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 209
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.