Administrator, Long Term Care
About our client:
The Administrator is accountable to the Director of Long-Term Care for leadership in operating the Home to meet the needs and expectations of the residents in achieving quality of life as envisioned in the Mission.
- Responsible to the Director of Long-Term Care for general administration, organization and management of the Home in accordance with policies established to provide a resident centered driven organization.
- Provides leadership in support of the Director of Long-Term Care responsibility to develop and annually review the mission, objectives and initiate recommendations for improvement through the strategic plan for the Home.
- Provides leadership and ensure staff orientation and education programs in all departments.
- Designates a senior manager to assume responsibilities for the operations of the Home in his/her absence.
- Participates in meetings for effective management of the Home.
- Develop, recommend and foster the values, culture and philosophy of the Home.
- Ensures a safe environment for the residents and staff.
- Responsible for Home’s compliance with Long Term Care act and Regulation 79, Occupational Health and Safety act.
- Ensures an effective system of admission and discharge of residents.
- Creates liaisons with the community for the benefit of the Home.
- Creates liaison with Community Care access Centre, the LHINs and other government agencies.
- Ensure appropriate systems and structures are in place for the effective management and control of the Home and its resources to provide quality resident centered care, including the effective human resources management and appropriate management/staff relationships.
- Responsible for the records keeping system.
- Ensures Policies and Procedures manuals are reviewed annually by each department and the Joint Occupational Health and Safety committee for the OHAS policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the probation and annual staff performance evaluation and directly senior management performance evaluation.
- Establish an organizational structure to ensure accountability of all departments and staff for fulfilling the mission, objectives and strategic plan of the Home.
- Ensure structures and systems for the development, review and recommendations of new programs, program expansions or changes.
- Communicate with related Long Term Care health care agencies to promote coordination and/or planning of Long Term Care services.
- Represent the Home externally to the community, government, media and other organizations and agencies.
- Be responsible for the payment by the Home of all salaries and amounts due from and owing by the Home which falls within the scope of the approval annual budget, or otherwise as may be established for time to time by resolution of the Home.
- Ensures the Home’s financial records are properly maintained.
- Oversee a Quality and Risk Management Program to continuously improve the organization.
- Has successfully completed, or is enrolled an a program in long term home care administration or management that is minimum of 100 hours in duration of instruction time.
- Post-secondary degree from a program that is a minimum of 3 years in duration, or a post-secondary diploma in health or social services from a program that is a minimum of 2 years in duration.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity in health or social services sector.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- A highly competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 208
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.