Director of Finance, Long Term Care/Seniors’ Housing – Not for Profitscott2022-07-19T07:10:50-05:00
When it comes to quality of life, this region has others beat! Beautifully-maintained biking and walking trails line the area while numerous golf courses, ball diamonds, playing fields, swimming pools and rinks unite local citizens and contribute to a strong sense of community.
The area is also known for its orchards, vineyards, wineries and restaurants that feature local produce and wines. Fruit crops grown in Vineland include cherries, peaches, apples, strawberries and pears. During the summer, the orchards and fields attract many tourists from all over Ontario.
Maxwell Management Group Ltd. is proud to partner with United Mennonite Home in the search for a Director of Finance.
Our residents are some of the most interesting, spectacular people you will ever meet. Their backgrounds are diverse, they come from all over, and they are real people who have lived real lives. They have a story and if you have a minute they’d love to tell it.
United Mennonite Home is a Christian not for profit, charitable organization. With 65 years of history, United Mennonite Home is dedicated to serving all of the needs of their community through three levels of services: Long-Term Care, Supportive Housing, and Independent Living. The modern long term care home was built in 2004 with 128 beds and the continuum of care also includes 48 apartments and 48 life lease townhomes. The purpose of the Home is to provide professional care with compassion, treating residents with dignity and respect, thereby fulfilling the mandate to “do unto others as you would have others do unto you”.
Motivated by Christian principles, the team at United Mennonite Home has the highest commitment of uncompromised, personal care which far exceeds any ministry guidelines or industry standards.
Reporting to Executive Director, the Director of Finance is responsible for the financial services for their Long Term Care, Supportive Housing and Independent Living communities as well as overall foundation funds management.
The Director of Finance is accountable for the administration, organization, and management of all financial, payroll and information technology services.
- General Ledger; analyses of accounts
- Journal entries up to and including the Trial Balance and Financial Statements
- Prepare year end documents for auditors and make year end adjustments
- GST & PST refund claims
- Serve as the liaison with the Bank and Auditors
- Bank Reconciliation; term deposits
- Balance EHT, WSIB, Receiver General, monthly accruals and prepaids and assist with payroll as required
United Mennonite Home:
- Mid-Month Accounts Payable
- Aper Reports – all reports to the Ministry of LTC at the times designated by the Ministry
Orchard View Apartments:
- Accounts Payables/Receivables
- Record all Ministry receipts and disbursements of funds
- Annual Budget
- Report to Ministry financial data on a quarterly basis
- Payroll for Supportive Housing
Vineland Park Estates:
- Prepare property taxes for quarterly payments
- Accounts Payable
- Monthly billing and accounts receivable