Maxwell Management Group Ltd. is proud to partner with Victoria Chinatown Care Centre
in the search for a Care Centre Director.
The Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (“VCCC”) is an accredited long-term care facility located in beautiful Victoria, B.C. VCCC is a non-profit organization overseen by a volunteer Board of Directors with a reputation for high quality care and leading practices. VCCC is an affiliate organization to Island Health’s Residential Care Program and receives public funding from Island Health. VCCC operates 31 residential complex care beds in a culturally-sensitive environment, and provides services including an adult day program and a community bathing program.
- The Care Centre Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the resident care Facility within a dynamic organization that delivers 24/7 nursing care for 31 complex care residents, an adult day program and community bathing service.
- Work with all staff to provide leadership to the multi-disciplinary team, coordinate and facilitate daily activities ensuring effective use of resources, and within approved budgets.
- Represents the Care Centre as Facility Manager on the Community Care and Assisted Living Act License.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory statutes, licensing regulations, accreditation standards, and legislation related to long term care.
- Recruits, directs and evaluates Care Centre staff. Provides leadership and functions as a role model and coach to assist staff with professional development and achievement of Centre goals (including the conduct of ongoing performance reviews).
- Responsible for strategic long term planning view of operations and best practices in resident service delivery, ensuring quality resident care.
- Develops policies and implements procedures/standards for operations at the Facility level.
- Provides leadership within the Facility for quality and risk management activities.
- Ensures that all clinical indicator data is collected appropriately by nursing staff utilizing MDS-RAI on Point Click Care, and ensures this data is sent electronically as appropriate to the Canadian Institute of Health Information (CIHI).
- Ensuring that all staff and contractors meet or exceed the level of ethical and professional standards as required by their respective professional organizations, and VCCS policies.
- Collaborates with all external agencies as appropriate (e.g. Island Health, Licensing, Worksafe, Accreditation), reports directly to the Victoria Chinatown Care Society (VCCS) Board on a monthly basis.
- Acts as a liaison to the VCCS Board for the Centre Staff, residents and families.
- Works within budgets established by the VCCS Board, according to Board Policy.
- Shares ‘on call coverage’ with other Registered Nursing staff and performs all other duties as required.
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Program – Masters of Nursing preferred; minimum of the Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration with British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Recent related experience or combination of experience