Maintenance Worker, Long Term Care
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for completing tasks as assigned by the Manager of Environmental Services which includes emergency and preventative maintenance of the building including: HVAC, plumbing, alarm and mechanical systems, grounds keeping, furnishings, resident care equipment and plant equipment, and other assigned environmental services operations.
- Complete minor repairs and painting of all exterior and interior areas as assigned.
- Complete minor repairs to resident equipment as assigned.
- Complete minor plumbing, electrical and HVAC repairs as assigned.
- Coordinate and maintains shipping and receiving area, including delivery of receivables to department store rooms.
- Maintain the grounds as assigned by the Manager to include general clean up, snow removal, and some lawn care responsibilities.
- Implement a safety culture within area of responsibility by ensuring residents and staff comply with all aspects and regulations related to the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and Fairhaven’s Health and Safety policies and procedures, and other governing bodies;
- Diploma in Healthcare Environmental Services Management preferred or Environmental Management Certificate or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in safety standards, grounds, maintenance of building repairs. Experience in general trades an asset.
- Familiar with power tools, levels, squares, and units of measurement.
- Familiar with mudding, taping and drywall repair.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, follow directions, and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to complete minor repairs to home health care equipment (lifts, tubs, beds, and control modules / pendants).
- Ability to complete minor plumbing, electrical and HVAC repairs.
- Familiar with windows-based programs (email, excel, word).
- Ability to problem solve and demonstrate critical thinking.
- Ability to communicate clearly (verbally, electronically, and written)
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Municipal Home provides a highly competitive compensation package, Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS) pension, a comprehensive benefits package, and professional development opportunities to attract top performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.