UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP
This Retirement Home is under new ownership and rebranding is under way as new processes are being implemented, along with a culture shift to enhance the resident experience while ensuring associates feel heard and appreciated. The organization is responsive and supportive, and is seeking a General Manager that will be invested in enhancing the culture and ensuring the well-being of the residents while supporting and encouraging team members in developing their skills and confidence.
The Residence on Lundy’s Lane is a 62-suite Retirement Residence located in Niagara Falls and surrounded by shops and restaurants and features a lounge, library with wood trim and stained glass, front porch and side deck. A new dining room is almost complete, and an elevator provides barrier free access to the second floor of this two storey Residence with ample parking. Here, residents enjoy an independent lifestyle.
Reporting to the Vice President-Operations, the General Manager (GM) is responsible for the overall management and successful day to day operations of the Retirement Home. These responsibilities include but are not limited to financial management and revenue generation, team member leadership and management, administration, leasing and community liaison, communication facilitation with residents, families and community partners, resident experience and wellbeing, quality assurance, and compliance with provincial regulatory agencies.
The General Manager will:
- Effectively coordinate key resources in making decisions and assessing different options in daily problem-solving
- Organize and direct business operations and communicate goals, issues, and policies clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrate and cultivate a positive atmosphere daily in the community for residents, family, and all team members; as well as providing leadership to reach organizational goals
The General Manager will demonstrate an ability to lead a diverse team and work proactively in a dynamic environment, work flexible hours and be available to respond during off-duty hours to emergencies. Further, the role requires an ability to manage multiple priorities, possess good judgment, good organizational and time management skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of 2 years management experience in a retirement residence
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Marketing, Health or related field
- Exceptional communication and team building skills
- Strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to motivate and coach a dynamic team
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 214
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of