Director of Health & Wellness, Seniors’ Living, Registered Nurse (RN)scott2022-07-08T13:29:34-05:00
Are you a collaborative, motivated, conscientious, and innovative leader?
Located in the heart of West Vancouver, close to shopping, churches, recreation and seniors’ centres, medical services, public transportation, and more.
Caring and friendly staff, along with appealing accommodations, support residents who want to live in freedom and comfort.
The Director of Health and Wellness is responsible for managing the overall clinical program at the Retirement Community to provide exceptional care and service to the residents. The focus of this role is providing quality clinical services based on the needs and requirements of each individual resident. ensuring excellent care and service.
- To complete all resident assessments, develop service plans and arrange resident/family care conferences as required to ensure data is valid and up to date
- To work closely with the Management team to optimize occupancy and revenue opportunities
- To schedule and adjust staffing levels to ensure consistency with the residence’s occupancy levels, the acuity of the residents and the services being purchased
- To manage care revenues and labour costs in line with annual budgets; monitor labour metrics such as overtime and take corrective action as required
- To oversee and supervise the medication administration program including; administration of medication by all standards and resident self-medication assessments and audits; monitor control and safekeeping of drugs and narcotics
- To direct the planning and delivery of services and clinical programs, including emergency response to achieve excellent and safe care to the resident
- To direct and monitor the maintenance of health care records to ensure compliance with regulations and quality care
- To participate in Care Conferences, meet with the residents/families to plan and coordinate services and address any related concerns
- To hire, orient, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of staff up to and including the use of performance management practices where required
- To monitor and review staff performance and compliance with all residence policies and procedures, including safety, safe working practices and resident care protocols
- To comply with all relevant Provincial and Federal Acts and Regulations
- To assist the Executive Director with budget preparation for the Health & Wellness department
- To establish and maintain relationships with key external agencies and stakeholders to facilitate delivery of services to residents
- To collaboratively work with the management team to implement quality and safety plans, and achieve standards for high resident and staff satisfaction
- To coordinate and monitor the Infection Prevention and Control Program for the Health & Wellness Department
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in the Code of Conduct
- Degree in Nursing and progressive nursing experience, in which leadership and administrative skills have been demonstrated
- Current registration with the CRNBC & Current C.P.R. and First Aid designation required
- Minimum of three years work experience in geriatrics/complex