Are you looking for a work environment that fosters job satisfaction, respect, responsibility, loyalty and personal growth?
Do you want to join positive, caring team members who want to make a difference in the lives of seniors?
Maxwell Management Group Ltd. is proud to partner with Riverstone Retirement Communities in the search for an Environmental Services Manager.
This community is a pet-friendly home with a warm country charm where award-winning food is served by friendly staff in a luxurious dining room.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Environmental Services Manager is responsible for all aspects of building maintenance, including grounds.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements and evaluates overall quality of maintenance, housekeeping and laundry services;
- Responsible for general maintenance and repair of building, grounds, equipment and furnishings;
- Required to maintain the mechanical, electrical and fire safety systems;
- Schedule and perform routine and preventive maintenance;
- Complete daily rounds of the building and grounds to identify areas of concern;
- Responsible for all aspects of human resources within the Environmental Services department including: interviewing, hiring, training and performance evaluation of staff;
- Ensures all staff are knowledgeable of and aware of the regulations, policies and procedures and follow them as outlines;
- Holds regular department meetings;
- Chairs the Joint Health and Safety Committee and ensures compliance with the Act;
- Oversees contractor work ensuring it is completed to agreed specifications;
- Assist General Manager in developing and maintaining the departmental budget;
- Completes audits as required;
- Responsible for delivery of orientation and training program in accordance with RHA and other legislative bodies;
- Diploma in Building Environmental Systems or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years’ related experience, preferably in health care industry
- Must have a good understanding and knowledge of physical plant, HVAC, plumbing, electricity, housekeeping and laundry procedures, etc.;
- Knowledge of business equipment and computer applications, such as MS Office, payroll processing software, etc.;
- A competitive compensation and benefits package has been designed to attract star performers.