Maxwell Management Group Ltd. is proud to partner with Southbridge Care Homes in the search for a Director of Care.
At West Park Long Term Care, our caring and competent staff treat each resident as their own family member and strive to provide supportive and rehabilitative individualized care for our residents. West Park is a fully accredited home with a resident-centred quality program ensuring the highest level of care for each and every resident.
Our Director of Care will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the standards and expectations set out by governing bodies and internal policies and standards of care. This position will collaborate with the Executive Director and will manage all aspects of the nursing department to ensure quality resident care. Passion, compassion and drive will lead to great success in this role.
- The implementation and evaluation of the nursing department initiatives and functions.
- Leads in the coordination and implementation of best practice and risk management initiatives related to resident care.
- Effectively manages utilization of nursing supplies.
- Maintains a system of care assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation at the resident and unit program level.
- Maintains an active presence in mentoring staff while overseeing the provision of quality resident care.
- Initiates investigative and corrective actions related to occupational health and safety; works with WSIB claims and return to work plans.
- Assists on special projects, reviews, and other initiatives.
- Assumes responsibility for the nursing department.
- Current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of one year of experience working as a registered nurse in the long-term care sector.
- Three years of working experience as a registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting.
- Demonstrated experience with WSIB management and other aspects of Occupational Health and Safety preferred.
- Experience with falls and harm reduction strategies an asset.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and comprehension skills.
- A competitive compensation package has been designed to attract top performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.