About our client:
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the Registered Practical Nurse is responsible and accountable for providing optimum care to promote the wellbeing of each individual resident. The Registered Practical Nurse participates in the assessment, delivery and evaluation of nursing services to meet the individualized needs of the residents.
- Provides care to residents following an established plan of care
- Assists the Registered Nurse in contacting and facilitating medical services, professional services, support services and other external agencies ensuring continuity with community linkages
- Ensure nursing staff perform assigned tasks and duties and reports observations to the Registered Nurse
- Participates in interdisciplinary conferences for assessing, planning and evaluating resident care needs
- Completes resident records accurately to reflect the resident care provided complying with legislative and Home requirements
- Participates in the orientation process for residents, students, volunteers and nursing personnel
- Works cooperatively with peers and supervisors using the CQI/Risk Management process to evaluate and ensure follow-up
- Shares responsibility for the care of the environment and equipment of the Home; and the personal belongings of the residents
- Promotes wellness as a concept of living
- Protects own health and health of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately and attending all relevant in-services regarding occupational health and safety
- Must actively participate in ongoing educational opportunities and transmit information to the rest of the nursing staff
- Must possess a current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Experience in Long Term Care (Gerontology) setting is preferred
- Must demonstrate an active interest in ongoing education
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 214
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities