Director of Health and Wellness, Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), Retirement Livingscott2022-10-18T12:50:31-05:00
About our Client:
Our mission is to create warm, welcoming and secure environments for residents, foster caring connections, and provide personalized services by team members who are committed to making a significant impact every day.
Our vision is to provide unique and caring communities where everyone is supported to reach their fullest potential.
- Effectively uses the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating to provide high quality nursing care to residents;
- Monitors the activities of Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses and Guest Attendants/ Health Care Aides/Personal Support Workers with respect to the direct care provided to residents;
- Ensures the resident and/or their family is involved (where appropriate) in decisions affecting their care;
- Establishes priorities based on individual residents’ needs, scheduled activities and adjusts these priorities and activities to manage unanticipated events;
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the General Manager;
- Ensures residents receive the appropriate level of care to meet their needs;
- Monitors the well-being of residents who do not require care;
- Completes required paperwork for resident admissions and discharges, as well as, ongoing documentation;
- Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to other team members;
- Promotes wellness;
- Participates in hiring and training of staff who work directly with residents;
- Communicates with families, physicians and external community health care agencies;
- Adheres to current legislative requirements, as well as, the approved policies and procedures with respect to nursing care;
- Assumes responsibility for the safe administration and storage of medication. Delegates responsibility where appropriate;
- Maintains accurate charts for each resident;
- Refers, reports and records pertinent information related to the resident’s care to other health care team members;
- Co-ordinates and/or carries out the action plan related to the prescribed care plan;
- Collaborates with other members of the care team in the planning, provision and evaluation of services;
- Minimum of two years’ relevant leadership experience;
- RPN in good standing with the Ontario College of Nurses;
- Experience in progressively responsible roles with demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations.
In accordance with our client’s duty to protect the health and safety of team members and residents, all team members are requested to be fully vaccinated by the Canadian approved COVID19 vaccine prior to the start of their first shift. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Excellent compensation package with full benefits designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 207
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for