Located in a small, beautiful community nestled in between the Rocky Mountains and the Purcell Mountain Range in British Columbia’s East Kootenays, with many amazing amenities including an intimate, elegant dining room featuring a cozy fireplace, a games room with a selection of activities, a well-stocked library, a convenient on-site beauty salon, and several cozy and conveniently-placed lounges.
- As a member of the Village management team, assumes a leadership role in developing and monitoring the provision of clinical care and staff performance. Conducts audits, compiles and analyses data, prepares reports and makes recommendations for improvement in all areas of operations.
- As member of the accreditation team, participates in and implements policy and procedure resulting from the accreditation process.
- Leads and supervises members of the program team on a shift-to-shift basis and participates in the hiring, orientation, discipline and evaluation of staff members on the care team.
- Supports the team in preparing and implementing comprehensive care plans, tailored to the residents’ short and long term requirements.
- Coordinates with the interdisciplinary team to ensure care conferences are held regularly to address the changing needs of each resident.
- Liaises with other agencies, residents and families to coordinate the admission, transfer and discharge of residents.
- Acts as a member of the Clinical Quality Improvement team both bringing information to the group and disseminating pertinent information upon return
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Bachelor’s of Science degree in Psychiatric Nursing (BSPN) or related health discipline (Masters degree preferred) and current registration with the corresponding provincial professional body.
- A minimum of 2-3 years management experience involving the supervision of a multidisciplinary team of staff, budgetary responsibilities and quality management process.
- Home and Community Care experience is preferred.
- Ability to plan, direct, evaluate and control the delivery of multi-faceted care services within a social model framework.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills; enjoys teamwork.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- A competitive compensation package including