Front Line, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Prince George, BC
Prince George, British Columbia
About Our Client:
We are a modern complex care facility located in lovely Prince George, British Columbia, and are home to 130 senior residents. Our team provides exceptional care & service in a home-like setting by focusing on safety, quality and accountability, specializing in memory care.
Prince George is located on the Fraser and Nechako Rivers and is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts! Trails wind through wildlife-rich Eskers Provincial Park and Fort George Canyon Provincial Park, with its dramatic whirlpools. With an affordable cost of living, Prince George is an attractive place to work and live.
- Providing for nursing care in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, the resident plan of care, and within the scope of practice of an LPN. Utilizing sound nursing practice principles, ensure delivery of excellent nursing and personal care in the assigned home area(s).
- Ensures the supply, control, and safekeeping of drugs and narcotics, ensures protocols are followed on all assigned shifts.
- Creating a comfortable and safe environment that provides opportunities for privacy, dignity, autonomy, independence and individuality and maintenance of personal lifestyle and values.
- Optimizing each resident’s potential to achieve or maintain maximum functional ability.
- Seeks direction from the RN when resident need exceeds experience or scope of practice.
- Exercises sound nursing judgment by reporting any change in resident’s status in a timely manner to the Registered Nurse as necessary and takes appropriate action.
- Fostering an atmosphere that is conducive to the provision of optimal care, and the effective functioning of the assigned resident home area through collaboration with other team members, monitoring resident care, communicating with residents and family members, and providing guidance to Personal Support Workers/Unregulated team members assigned to the care unit.
- Liaising with medical team members, nurse specialists, consultants and supports effective clinical care for all residents.
- Continually assesses his/her own nursing practice and learning needs.
- Participates in and attends in-service programs provided by the community as well as conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Documents priorities, target dates and strategies or interventions on the individualized care plan in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for each resident.
- Works with the resident, family members, and interprofessional team to systematically collect data for the nursing history on admission, readmission, and change in status, and provides ongoing assessment and appropriate documentation.
- Current practicing registration with BCCNM.
- First Aide & CPR Level A.
- 2 years of Gerontological or Assisted Living experience.
- Meets the physical requirements for the role.
- RAI MDS education (Gold Care or Point Click Care).
- Maintains a Valid Occupational First Aide Level 1 status.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package.
- 2 weeks vacation and 10 days of sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ well being.
- 100% company paid Extended Health & Dental package that includes Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care.
- Internal opportunities for growth and development, since we believe in promoting from within.
- Schedule is line dependent.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- A Talent Management Program where you will grow and develop, with the opportunity for advancement, if desired.
- A fun environment with company events and activities. We celebrate site anniversaries, years of service, professional appreciations, staff appreciation events and an annual Holiday party.
- Relocation assistance available.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 211
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
"*" indicates required fields
Share This Job!