Infection Prevention & Control (IPAC) Specialist, Long Term Care
Victoria Village Manor is a 128 bed long term care home that is dedicated to providing an innovative continuum of quality services and supports, promoting healthy aging in the heart of Barrie, Ontario.
The Infection Prevention and Control Specialist (IPACS) has primary responsibility for development, implementation, evaluation, and education related to policies, procedures and best practices that impact the prevention of infections within Victoria Village Manor. The IPACS is responsible to the Director of Nursing. Responsibilities include:
- Infectious diseases
- Cleaning and disinfecting
- Data collection and trend analysis
- Reporting Protocols
- Outbreak Management
- Adult education
- Program management
- Must have education and experience in infection prevention and control practices.
- Current certification in infection prevention and control from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (not required to comply until April 2025).
- Completion of a diploma or Degree in Health Sciences, Social Sciences or other education and experience. Degree in Nursing, microbiology, epidemiology or public health is an asset along with education and experience in Infection Prevention and Control practices.
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in front line management in Long-Term Care.
- Must demonstrate experience in working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Must possess sound clinical skills and knowledge of Infection prevention and control practices.
- Must possess excellent proficiency with WORD, email, internet use and computerized documentation.
- Must possess well developed presentation skills and be knowledgeable of Adult Learning principles.
- A competitive, comprehensive compensation package has been designed to attract top performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: