Location:North York, Ontario
This 134-suite Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence is slated to open in Spring-Summer 2023 and offers independent and assisted living as well as memory care, with a full range of modern amenities.
The General Manager will be actively involved in sales and marketing activities, building the team and preparing the residence to open. Under the direction of the Vice-President, Operations, the General Manager directs the overall operation of the residence, meeting financial, occupancy, and service objectives in accordance with corporate and residence philosophy and mission.
Verve Senior Living is recognized for their talent management and growth, with opportunities for learning and career development. With 31 homes, including 7 in the Greater Toronto Area, there are many opportunities for advancement.
- Assumes responsibility for achieving occupancy goals as set by Verve
- Oversees, participates in and contributes to all aspects of the Verve Quality Improvement (VQI) Program
- Ensures the needs of residents are assessed on move in and as required thereafter and assists in making recommendations to ensure a smooth transition to the various available services, or to alternate accommodations if required
- Manages all human resource activities including recruitment, orientation and training, and performance management
- Coordinates and participates in an on-call schedule
- Ensures appropriate admission, transfer and discharge of resident according to terms as set out in the Tenancy Agreement and CHIP package
- Develops and maintains positive public relations with residents, their families and the community and promotes the residence through community outreach
- Ensures provision of high quality resident services and effective fiscal performance of all departments through participative leadership and adherence to established performance standards
- Assists in preparing operating and capital budget and implements controls for effective use of resources within approved budget
- Ensures residence is in compliance with all governmental legislation and corporate policies and procedures, including all aspects of health and safety. Reviews, responds and acts, where necessary, on all reports of inspection authorities
- Develops appropriate departmental objectives for the residence with the assistance of the management staff
- Ensures appropriate marketing, advertising and public relations activities are coordinated in order to maintain a positive image in the community
- Degree or diploma in health care administration, hotel management or business and a proven work record in the retirement or hospitality industry
- Strong sales and marketing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the budget process, profit and loss statements, and cost controls
- Exceptional English communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience in pre-opening of retirement communities preferred
- Certificate in retirement residence management will be an asset
- A competitive compensation package has been created to attract star performers, including base salary, performance bonus, health benefit package and pension plan
- Verve is known for their focus on continued learning and career development, with a bursary program and opportunities for advancement
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 214
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: