We are currently seeking an Executive Director who has a strong moral compass and a commitment to teamwork to lead our 4-storey, 128-bed long term care home with special care services. We are dedicated to providing compassionate care, where the residents come before anything else.
Our values follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy and can be seen in every aspect of what we do:
- Efficient Use of Resources
We help our residents experience life to the fullest in a home-like setting with the highest quality of service and professional care. Our multidisciplinary healthcare team provides care and services to our residents with volunteers and families playing an active and special role in improving the quality of life for our residents.
Vision, mission, and strategic planning:
- In collaboration with the Home senior management team and Board of Directors assists in the development of the mission, vision, value statement for the Homes.
- Provides leadership and is actively involved in the development of special programs utilizing an interdisciplinary and interfacility approach.
- Provides input to external committees and task forces on standards, new program and initiatives.
- Assists the Home to maintain compliance with all applicable statutes, regulations, and government requirements.
- Assists in preparing, reviewing, and filing all government reports.
Labour Relations/Human Resources:
- Provides guidance and supports the Department Heads in interpreting the collective agreements.
- Assists in the recruitment and hiring of Department Heads and other key staff.
- Assists with the orientation of the Director of Care and other key department heads.
- Chairs Joint committee meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Meets with Department Heads on a regular basis and provides guidance on HR, risk management, resident care issues, legal and fiscal issues, etc.
- Assists with marketing and public relations.
- Actively involved in various external committees and actively influences decision making and policy direction at the Ministry of Health/LHINs/OLTCA.
- Responsible for completion of Home’s operating budget in conjunction with appropriate Department Heads.
- Analyses the annual operating budgets for the Home and provides feedback to the Department Heads.
- Manages the capital budgets for the Home and collaboratively with the Vice-President of Operations to decide on capital priorities for the fiscal year.
- Reviews financial variance reports from the Home and evaluates the financial status of the Home. Consults with the Vice-President of Finance in the areas of financial management, funding, cash flow, etc.
- Monitors the Quality Improvement program and provides feedback to the senior management team on areas of risk and outcomes.
- Reviews monthly quality improvement reports for each department, reviews and provides feedback on trends, areas that require further follow-up or analysis.
- Ensures that an annual staffing plan gets completed for all departments.
- Provides guidance to the team on difficult resident or employee issues.
- Identifies potential liability issues and collaborates with staff to minimize risk.
Responsibilities to Privacy:
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable privacy legislation, including PHIPA, as well as privacy expectations and information privacy technologies to ensure that the Home is up-to-date and compliant with current and emerging requirements and standards.
Leadership Team and the Privacy Steering Committee.
- Provides strategic advice/recommendations and support to the Senior Leadership Team regarding the privacy strategy and policies and procedures.
- Serves as liaison to regulatory and accrediting bodies for matters relating to privacy, including with the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner regarding PHIPA compliance.
- Liaises with external counsel, when required, to ensure that the Home (a)complies with relevant legislation; (b) appropriately manages its interactions with regulatory and accrediting bodies; and (c) obtains legal advice with respect to all privacy matters that carry legal exposure.
Responsibilities to Health and Safety:
- Ensure orientation training is conducted for all new employees within established time frames and includes information on workplace hazards and safe operating practices.
- Conducts at least annually, a health and safety inspection of the facility to verify that Managers and employees are following health and safety policies and procedures established for the Home.
- Reviews all workplace incident investigations and corrective measures.
- Post secondary degree from a program that is a minimum of three (3) years in duration or a post secondary diploma in health or social services from a program that is a least two (2) years.
- Completed or enrolled in long term care administration management course that is at least one hundred (100) hours in duration of instruction time.
- Proven management experience in LTC.
- Good written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, labour relations and applicable legislation.
- Has at least three (3) years working experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity in the health or social services.
- Knowledge of applicable privacy legislation, especially the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (“PHIPA”), privacy expectations and information privacy technologies.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- A competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.