A day in the life of a Director of Wellness:
In this role you are responsible for providing the leadership and direction for all care services that are provided to the residents. You will work closely with the Community Relations Director to promote the brand by meeting with residents and their families as well as providing tours to perspective clientele. You will assess the medical background and care requirements for potential residents to determine best fit for all parties included.
As the Director of Wellness you will be a leader of your own team, tasked with the hiring, development and on-going mentoring of care workers in the community. You are an engaging leader, not afraid to capitalize on teaching opportunities as they arise. You provide learning and development for your staff to ensure they continue to deliver superior care services to our residents.
You will oversee and coordinate the delivery of services and care to our residents. You are responsible for scheduling staff, submitting payroll, managing budgets, and above all, making recommendations for improvements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Excellent communicator, resilient, and flexible to meet the changing priorities of a dynamic team community. Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire people and think “outside of the box”.- English is essential.
- Recent experience working with geriatrics, long-term care, or home services.
- Deals with others in an effective, compassionate and supportive manner.
- Respects each resident as an individual, is aware of their need for self-respect and privacy and acts as a resident advocate when appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to assess the health status of resident.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and clinical judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide positive role modeling and leadership to staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational health and safety practices, principles and legislation.
- Compliance with infectious disease screening as per provincial legislation and maintaining immunizations.
- Capability of working in a team environment.
- Registered member in good standing with regulatory college.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing or equivalent (Registered Nurse).
- Minimum three years of working experience in a nursing role.
- Management experience and administrative experience is required with previous experience in the gerontology field.
- Standard First Aid Certification (maintained and renewed every three years).
- Current HCP/CPR and A.E.D. certification (maintained and renewed annually).
- Hold professional membership and professional liability protection insurance.
- Be able to participate in administrative on-call rotation and be available for emergencies.
Competitive compensation package has been designed to attract organizational leaders
Including: Great remuneration, generous bonus package, benefits, RRSP match, relocation package available and the opportunity for professional growth with a company that develops future leaders.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 209
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.