Reporting to the Community Manager the Director of Clinical Care is an integral part of the management team and is responsible for the coordination of the day-to-day operations and quality resident care following established policies and procedures and the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
This position is fundamental in serving as a role model and a resource to staff for clinical decision making, assessment of residents and in the counseling and education of families. Reviews, analyses and participates on the development of administrative systems such as policies, procedures and standards for resident care, staffing levels, staff education and promoting a continuous quality improvement environment.
- As a member of the Village management team, assumes a leadership role in developing and monitoring the provision of clinical care and staff performance. Conducts audits, compiles and analyses data, prepares reports and makes recommendations for improvement in all areas of operations.
- As member of the accreditation team, participates in and implements policy and procedure resulting from the accreditation process.
- Leads and supervises members of the program team on a shift-to-shift basis and participates in the hiring, orientation, discipline and evaluation of staff members on the care team.
- Supports the team in preparing and implementing comprehensive care plans, tailored to the residents’ short and long term requirements.
- Coordinates with the interdisciplinary team to ensure care conferences are held regularly to address the changing needs of each resident.
- Liaises with other agencies, residents and families to coordinate the admission, transfer and discharge of residents.
- Acts as a member of the Clinical Quality Improvement team both bringing information to the group and disseminating pertinent information upon return
- Registration and membership in good standing with British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives
- A minimum of 2-3 years management experience involving the supervision of a multidisciplinary team of staff, budgetary responsibilities and quality management process.
- Home and Community Care experience is preferred.
- Ability to plan, direct, evaluate and control the delivery of multi-faceted care services within a social model framework.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills; enjoys teamwork.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- A competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package has been designed to attract top performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 203
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.