Director of Care, Registered Nurse (RN) – Long Term Care
We believe in a better future for senior care. It’s one designed around every unique life, with new standards of safety and sustainability. Our 75 bed long-term care home is built to maintain independence in comfortable living spaces where residents find support and connection.
We provide resident-directed, person-centric care from experienced professionals. Our staff are dedicated to delivering holistic care and supporting the everyday activities of life with empathy and respect.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Director of Care position is a critical role with overall accountability for the management and leadership of resident care and services as well as for our overall resident experience.
- Planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring effectiveness of all operational activities within the nursing department, ensuring those activities are aligned to the home’s strategic plan, mission and values.
- Promotes a resident-centered care approach that engages residents, family members and employees to provide care that meets the individual needs of our residents.
- Overseeing recruitment, employee and labour relations, payroll and benefits, orientation, occupational and non-occupational injury/illness, performance management, training, education and other people related functions within the nursing department.
- Responds promptly to address concerns of residents and family members, mediates appropriate responses to those concerns and implements action plans.
- Provides financial leadership by managing and monitoring the nursing budget, nursing envelope expenditures and fiscal plan. Takes appropriate action where variances are identified to bring expenditures in line within the nursing budget.
- Ensures effective and efficient procurement and supply control procedures within the nursing department.
- Providing leadership and direction to ensure all nursing aspects of a Quality and Risk Management Improvement Program are carried out in alignment with the home’s strategic plan and with a focus to continuously improve nursing and resident care services.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Ontario College of Nurses.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ working experience as a Registered Nurse in a managerial or supervisor capacity in a healthcare setting, preferably long-term care.
- Must have a minimum of year of experience working as a Registered Nurse in the long-term care sector.
- Must have demonstrated supervisory and leadership abilities (e.g., people management, finance, labour relations and departmental coordination).
- Must posses excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A highly competitive compensation package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 202
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
Share This Job!