Director of Care (DOC), Registered Nurse (RN), Not for Profit – Long Term Care
Vancouver, British Columbia
Maxwell Management Group Ltd. is proud to partner with Villa Cathay Care Home in the search for a Director of Care to join their team.
Proudly serving the Strathcona Chinatown neighbourhood in Vancouver for more than 40 years, Villa Cathay Care Home is a long-term care Home providing culturally focused and complex care to seniors. Villa Cathay Care Home is committed to providing individualized, high-quality holistic care to seniors in a warm, modern space where residents and their families will find comfort and respect.
To meet the growing demand of culturally focused long-term care in Vancouver, Villa Cathay Care Home embarked on a $72.9 million rejuvenation project. The new Villa Cathay Care Home offers private bedrooms with en-suite showers and has also improved and expanded services such as rehabilitation and restorative care, specialized dementia care and various innovative programs to elevate residents’ quality of life.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Care will join a passionate, committed leadership team dedicated to reimagining long term care and realizing a new vision for the organization.
This position will lead and manage the nursing care team and will champion initiatives which strengthen care outcomes, life choices, and the quality of living for residents of Villa Cathay Care Home.
As the Director of Care, you will oversee the planning and delivery of nursing programs and you will guide and support a team of dedicated healthcare professionals for the optimal health and welfare of the residents and employees.
- Ensuring excellence in resident-centered care and continuous quality improvement.
- Leading and directing the people and policies of the nursing and resident care practice.
- Providing leadership and direction on planning, design, implementation, delivery, and assessment of nursing functions to meet resident needs.
- Ensuring that care operations run smoothly, overseeing the care delivery to ensure that consistent, efficient workflows are in place for optimal care and performance.
- Working closely with senior leadership and the board to develop long-term strategies to meet Villa Cathay Care Home’s objectives.
- Continually satisfying all federal and provincial laws and mandates, overseeing external audits, and developing and implementing responsive actions and improvements.
- Representing the organization in the health service community, civic/provincial governments as well as with donors and others.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing; current registration with BCCNM.
- Minimum of 3 years’ of nursing management experience in a health care organization.
- Long-term care experience an asset.
- Gerontology nursing credential or a degree or certificate in health administration is an asset.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities and experience in developing high-functioning teams; setting high standards and leading others by example and direction.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their families, staff, and others in the community is essential.
- Ability to speak and write Chinese an asset.
- Competitive compensation with an excellent pension plan and a comprehensive benefits package with extended health and dental.
- Learning and development opportunities to grow your career.
- Wellness supports including fitness reimbursement, counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services for employees and their immediate families.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855.305.4078 ext. 201
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.