Our values client is seeking a:
Director of Human Resources, Vancouver, BC
Are you looking for a place that values your Human Resources knowledge and expertise and where you will be a valued and contributing member of the Senior Leadership Team?
Do you want to make a significant difference with a progressive healthcare company that values employee engagement and feedback and is paving the way with innovative approaches to providing exceptional care?
Do you have demonstrated experience with collective bargaining, labour relations and employee engagement?
If so, we invite a discussion with you about this unique opportunity based in the beautiful coastal city of Vancouver!
OUTLINE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Director, Human Resources is responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of the human resources function.
The Director of Human Resources will:
- Participate as a member of the senior management group responsible for the overall planning, management, and leadership .
- Develop and implement effective labour relations strategies to achieve maximum employee engagement in the unionized environments.
- Develop, implement and educate on corporate-wide human resources policies and procedures.
- Proactively manage labour costs to ensure alignment with financial targets.
- Provide human resource guidance and counsel to managers and directors in the areas of performance management, labour relations, employee appreciation/recognition and employee wellness.
- Monitor facilities for compliance with internal human resources policies and practices, and with relevant labour legislation.
- Design new human resources programs as appropriate with the desired outcome of maximizing overall employee engagement in a controlled cost environment.
- Develop HR plans and programs to meet national accreditation standards.
- Act as the Company’s Privacy Officer.
- University graduate in a program related to business administration or human resources.
- CHRP candidates or designates are preferred.
- Minimum ten years human resources and labour relations experience including at least five years experience in a human resource management role.
- Previous experience in the healthcare industry is a strong asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an effective written and oral communication style.
- An ability to manage multiple critical timelines.
- Knowledge of applicable labour, employment, human rights and privacy legislation.
Competitive compensation package; full benefits and RRSP Program
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
Oops! We could not locate your form.