Reporting to the Community Director, the Wellness Manager is a motivated leader who is able to inspire others to provide the highest standards of performance and customer service. The incumbent is responsible for providing healthcare services to Community Members and arranging for assessments and more intensive care if/when it is needed. This role ensures that all Community Members’ health and wellness is effectively assessed at intake and is consistently monitored for changes. The Wellness Manager will liaise with outside healthcare professionals, as required. The Wellness Leads (Registered Practical Nurses) and Personal Support Workers report to this position.
- Plan, organize, direct and supervise the activities of the Wellness / nursing department to provide quality, individualized Community Member care and services
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Wellness department including medication distribution and administration, care package services, regular Community Member assessments and communications with families and community resources
- Role model, drive excellence and innovation in customer service throughout the Community
- Provide leadership and empowerment within the department; achieve goals and objectives; manage a team, financial and physical resources
- Actively participate in the Orange Dot Program by living the V!VA values and acknowledging others for doing the same
- Participate in the budgeting process and manage the operation of the nursing/ wellness department within budget
- Select and develop Team Members and students; provide opportunities for growth and development; create an environment that will increase knowledge and skills among Team Members
- Participate and contribute to innovative activities that will ensure above and beyond experiences
- Liaise and consult with Community Members, families, company resources, professionals in relation to Community Member care needs and department activities
- Liaise with external community partners; CCAC, hospitals and other service providers
- Interpret nursing philosophy and establish and implement goals and objectives, policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Lead the Infection Control and Risk Management Committees
- Maintain all required records, reports, statistics, etc. for both Community Members and Team Members in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ensure appropriate level of care is determined prior to admission and that necessary documentation is completed
- Attend Community Members’ councils and ensure resolution of issues relating to Nursing/Wellness services
- Ensure RN, RPN and PSW accreditation for medication administration is up to date
- Role model and drive excellence in customer service throughout the Community
- Provide meaningful education and resources to Team Members, Community Members, families and prospects
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience as an RPN in an independent, assisted living and/or long term care facility
- Minimum 5 years management experience in a similar environment
- Graduate of a post-secondary nursing program and maintain good standing with the Ontario College of Nurses as a registered nurse
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; comfortable interacting in a leadership role with Community Members, their families and external agencies and resources
- Strong computer skills for job-related functions including use of excel, word and various job related software programs
- Working knowledge of the Retirement Homes Act
- Working knowledge of Infection Control procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques including education of older adults
- Ability to educate and guide Team Members to provide quality care
- Excellent compensation package with full benefits designed to attract star performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 213
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.