Our client, an innovative provider of retirement care in Ontario, is seeking a Retirement Counsellor / Community Outreach
in the Ottawa area.
A progressive retirement provider who is committed to delivering the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry. We are looking for just the right person who shares this passion for seniors.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Retirement Counsellor’s responsibilities may include but not limited to, staff training on customer service, tour readiness and provides coordination of promotional activities within the residence including community linkages.
Will lead all sales interactions to achieve and maintain full occupancy. The Retirement Counsellor will also support the development and implementation of Sales & Marketing platform. The Retirement Counsellor provides weekly sales and marketing reports plus a monthly summary of all sales activities to the Marketing Consultant.
POSITION OVERVIEW and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains or achieves budgeted and/or full occupancy at all times
- Reports on variances to budgeted occupancy daily
- Assists in the development of annual and quarterly marketing plan
- Holds primary responsibility for all sales functions including; lead management, documentation, reporting, touring/retouring and follow up in alignment with sales and marketing platform
- Maintains leads management system to ensure scheduled follow-up calls are completed to track and develop relationships with prospects
- Uses competitive analysis and monthly traffic reports to make recommendations for sales and marketing initiatives including advertising, partnerships, and community outreach goals
- Lead weekly “Prospect Advance Marketing Meeting” with management team to develop action plan for all sales and marketing initiatives
- Remains up-to-date with changing industry standards and trends/services and knowledge of local competition
- Completes a competitive analysis quarterly and make recommendation for accommodation rates and service changes based on analysis
- Ensures that residence and model suites are “tour ready” at all times – liaises with Environmental Manager and General Manager to address any deficiencies
- Works with the Lifestyle Consultant to ensure the sharing/maximizing of resources and marketing opportunities both internally and externally
- Ensures that all expenditures are tracked and reconciled with approved marketing budget
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have 3 years marketing / sales experience including tours, preferably in seniors housing or hospitality
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing or public relations or equivalent an asset
- Must have excellent customer service skills and knowledge and be able to teach others
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written skills
- Must be able to adjust personal schedule to accommodate tours and events on weekends and evenings
- Must be a self-starter and possess a high level of energy, enthusiasm, humor and flexibility and enjoy working with seniors and disabled persons
- Must be able to work as a team member to achieve goals
- Must have computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word), the internet, and email applications
- Must be able to multitask on several projects at once with excellent time management skills
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Vulnerable Persons/Police Check
- Must present a professional image to the public at all times and be able to represent/promote the residence at outside business meetings, community events, etc.
Investing in you:
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuous growth and development
- Self-fulfillment through meaningful relationships with clients
- Employee Recognition and Discount Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- A dynamic and supportive working environment