Baycrest Health Sciences is a global leader in geriatric residential living, healthcare, research, innovation and education, with a special focus on brain health and aging.
As an academic health sciences centre fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, Baycrest provides an exemplary care experience for aging clients combined with an extensive clinical training program for students and one of the world’s top research institutes in cognitive neuroscience. Through its commercial and consulting arms, Baycrest takes its sought-after expertise, education and innovations to other healthcare organizations and long-term care homes, both in Canada and internationally.
Founded in 1918 as the Toronto Jewish Old Folks Home, Baycrest continues to embrace the long-standing tradition of all great Jewish healthcare institutions to improve the wellbeing of people in their local communities and around the globe.
The Apotex Centre, Jewish Home for the Aged, is a 472-bed long-term care home that provides a range of residential and specialized programs. The small, home-like settings on each floor provide flexible schedules for programs, meals and personal care, based on each resident’s needs and preferences.
Position & Responsibilities:
Apotex 7 is a Stroke and Cognitive Support Unit. This 79 bed unit has residents who are living with a wide range of cognitive and physical changes to their abilities – from mild to severe cognitive impairment and from ambulating independently, to being wheel-chair bound.
The Registered Nurse on this Unit:
- Provides sound clinical knowledge and skills, acts as clinical expert and resource and provides comprehensive, quality client/family centred health care services from admission, through transfers and discharge
- Plans for, delivers and evaluates nursing interventions, including medications, as well as treatments which fall within the RN’s scope of practice
- Provides client-centred care within interdisciplinary care team to meet the personal care, activation, recreation and spiritual needs of clients
- Current registration, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario (‘CNO’) is required
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certificate, Level C – Automated External Device (‘AED’) is required
- BScN preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take professional accountability for leading, organizing, providing and delegating care activities for clients and families
- Experience in Long-Term Care with clients in day programs or residents in a Long-Term Care and Community Setting preferred
- Certificate in Dementia Care preferred
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approach and U-First preferred
- Psychogeriatric experience, i.e. mental health assessment and intervention and working with responsive behaviours including various types of dementia, delirium, mental health issues preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills Basic computer skills – Meditech, MDS/RAI, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- A highly competitive compensation and benefits package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 206
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.