The Recreational Therapists are responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Recreation Department, including the designing, planning, and implementing meaningful, engaging activities for the residents.
- Designing, planning, and implementing purposeful engagement activities that are interesting and fulfilling to daily lives.
- Ensuring residents are engaged individually and in group settings, and that the activities are reflective of the organization’s philosophy.
- Document and articulate program rationale, goals, benefits and expected outcomes of activities.
- Attend all meetings as requested, including but not limited to general meetings, care conferences, activity meetings, family meetings, and perform duties as requested.
- Completion of recreation documentation including but not limited to general reports, assessments, progress notes, case conference reports, emails, activity documentation, notification of programs and special events.
- Promote a positive team spirit within the department.
- Provide guidance to students and volunteers.