Vision, Mission & Strategic Positioning
- In collaboration with senior operations team assists in the development of the mission, vision, value statement for the corporation and Homes.
- Works with the Directors of Nursing, in managed Homes, on strategic planning and the setting of annual goals and objectives.
- Provides guidance and direction to the senior management team in the areas of resident care, services and legislative requirements (LTCHA and Regulation 79/10)
- Development of corporate policies and procedures in all areas; ensuring Homes maintain compliance; assist with development of nursing operating budgets; development of special programs; purchasing new resident related equipment; provides education to senior nursing management teams and Administrators
Labour Relations/Human Resources
- Provides guidance and support to the Directors of Nursing in interpreting collective agreements; assists in the recruitment, orientation and performance reviews of Directors of Nursing; Develops and approves Human Resources policies and procedures based on current employment practices and relevant legislation.
- Co-facilitates Joint Directors of Nursing meetings on a monthly basis.
- Leads any assigned Joint Committees as required
- Communicates any high risk issues to the Senior Nurse Consultant
- Meets with individual Home staff on a regular basis and provides guidance on compliance issues, risk management, and other resident care issues.
- Assists with marketing and public relations.
- Provides guidance and direction in the development of nursing operating budgets and new funding initiatives and input into how funds need to be spent/allocated for each Home.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to Homes on the documentation and other processes/systems.
- Attends the Quality Council meetings and leads the corporate RQI of each Home’s programs and services; monitors the quality improvement program in the resident care services areas; receives monthly QI reports and provides feedback on trends/follow up required; provides guidance in the development of action plans and MOH inspection reports; participate in the improvement of quality indicators; development of annual Quality Improvement Plans.
- Identifies potential liability issues and collaborates with senior staff to minimise risk.
Profession Values & Ethics
- Demonstrates qualities and behaviour that reflects values and ethics of the profession; conducts self in a professional manner.
- Takes responsibility for own continuing education.
- Educates staff on Ministry of Health Standards, continuous quality improvement, new policies and procedures and other related topics.
- Completes all assigned training required as per the LTCHA, 2007.
- A competitive compensation package has been designed to attract top performers.
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 211
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.