We are passionate about “Making Every Moment Matter”. We are seeking a candidate that shares our values – a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
Making every moment matter is about improving all the things that make life enjoyable. Things like making someone feel better, making connections with them or for them with other residents, showing them a new song or even just giving them something to look forward to.
We are passionate about providing compassionate care for families’ loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, Participation, Excellence, Openness, Performance, Longevity, Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
The Nurse Clinician advises, directs and supports professional nursing practice in the assigned homes in addition to supporting Nurse Clinician colleagues. The Nurse Clinician acts as a resource to the Homes in matters of the Ministry of Health compliance issues and high-risk situations. They are accountable for the quality of resident care and performance of the nursing departments in the assigned Homes.
Essential Duties are the technical skills and knowledge that an employee requires in order to perform their role. Below is detailed information on required Essential Duties for your position.
- In collaboration with senior operations team assists in the development of the mission, vision, value statement for the corporation and Homes.
- Works with the Directors of Nursing on strategic planning and the setting of annual goals and objectives.
- Provides guidance to the assigned homes and supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals.
- Provides guidance and direction to the nursing team in the areas of resident care, services and legislative requirements.
- Supports and contributes to the development of corporate policies and procedures in the nursing areas.
- Assists the assigned homes to maintain compliance with all applicable statutes, regulations, and government requirements.
- Provides guidance and support in the development of nursing operating budgets.
- Provides leadership and is actively involved in the development of special programs utilizing an interdisciplinary and interfacility approach.
- Provides innovative suggestions to assist with the overall implementation of new concepts in order to minimize the potential negative perception of change.
- Supports and collaborates with the other team members including the colleague Nurse Clinician and Corporate Staff Development Coordinator,
- Assists in the recruitment and hiring of Directors of Nursing and other key staff.
- Provides input to the Directors of Nursing performance reviews.
- Assists with the orientation of new Directors of Nursing.
- Provides guidance to the Directors of Nursing in the areas of disciplining and grievances as required.
- Meets with assigned Homes’ nursing key leaders on a regular basis and provides guidance on compliance issues, risk management, and other resident care issues.
- Assists with marketing and public relations.
- Provides guidance and direction in the development of nursing operating budgets and monitors.
- Provides guidance and support on new funding initiatives and input into how funds need to be spent/allocated for each Home.
- Monitors the Q.I. program in the resident care services areas and provides feedback to the Directors of Nursing and at the Joint DON meetings.
- Performs random quality improvement activities in assigned homes to ensure that evidence-based practices are followed and MOH and other legislative standards are adhered to.
- Provides leadership and is actively involved in the review of the assigned Home’s nursing programs and services annually and provides feedback through a written report to each Home. Provides guidance and assistance in the development of action plans and implementation processes aimed at minimizing identified gaps.
- Researches evidence-based practices in quality improvement and suggests organizational changes to the internal quality improvement system as required.
- Provides a supportive and learning environment for homes to become empowered and adopt a new process, best practices and evidence-based research methods.
- Identifies potential liability issues and collaborates with senior staff to minimize/mitigate risk.
- Other duties as assigned and or indicated in the Job Task Inventory.
We take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family are as follows:
- A Registered Nurse with advance courses in gerontology and health care services administration.
- Proven management experience in LTC.
- Previous experience as a Director of Care.
- Good written and oral communication skills, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of nursing operational budgets.
- Sound knowledge of the LTCHA and Regulation 79/10, CNO standards and other relevant legislation.
- Proven experience in facility management.
- Positive working attitude.
- Exceptional team-building skills a must.
- Ability to work in a matrix style management structure.
- Open and approachable.
- Must be able to problem-solve in complex situations, and make decisions using sound judgement.
- A highly competitive compensation and benefits package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 211
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.