Baycrest Health Sciences is a global leader in geriatric residential living, healthcare, research, innovation and education, with a special focus on brain health and aging.
As an academic health sciences centre fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, Baycrest provides an exemplary care experience for aging clients combined with an extensive clinical training program for students and one of the world’s top research institutes in cognitive neuroscience. Through its commercial and consulting arms, Baycrest takes its sought-after expertise, education and innovations to other healthcare organizations and long-term care homes, both in Canada and internationally.
Founded in 1918 as the Toronto Jewish Old Folks Home, Baycrest continues to embrace the long-standing tradition of all great Jewish healthcare institutions to improve the wellbeing of people in their local communities and around the globe.
The Apotex Centre, Jewish Home for the Aged, is a 472-bed long-term care home that provides a range of residential and specialized programs. The small, home-like settings on each floor provide flexible schedules for programs, meals and personal care, based on each resident’s needs and preferences.
Position & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Care and Resident Experience, the Manager, Long Term Care provides leadership to an inter-professional team for the day to day operations on the unit and within the Program. Promoting and facilitating the vision and philosophy of care of the clients in the home the Manager, Long Term Care is responsible for managing assigned human resources for the provision of resident care, to ensure a safe environment for residents and staff, to assess, plan and make decisions for the purpose of resolving clinical and team issues, support consultation to internal/external stakeholders on all aspects of services to residents and continuously ensures that the focus of services achieves excellence in all aspects of service delivery on both a strategic and operational level. The Manager, Long Term Care communicates these decisions to all the assigned staff on the care team.
- Co-ordinates, directs and monitors the effectiveness of all operational activities within the nursing department
- Participates in the recruitment, employee and labour relations, orientation, occupational and non-occupational injury/illness, performance management, training, education and other people related functions of the Home for respective department team members
- Oversees clinical care processes to ensure that care is delivery according to the individual plans of care for residents
- Works with the DOC to promote and ensure standards of practice are achieved and evaluated
- Leads the implementation and evaluation of required clinical programs such as Falls Prevention, Skin and Wound Care, Palliative Care and Quality of Life Programs
- Collaborates with the leadership team in identifying and implementing work routines that best meet the residents care
- Responds promptly to concerns of residents and family members, mediating a satisfactory response to concerns and implements action plans to avoid reoccurrence of similar issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
- B.Sc.N Degree is required
- Masters’ Degree in Health Discipline preferred
- A current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Membership with Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario required
- A current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS) -Level C
- Certificate in Gerontological nursing preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years related nursing experience required
- Two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity required, including labour and employee relations experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Software, PCC, MDS, RMR and budgeting softwares
- Experience in program planning, development, implementation and evaluation an asset
- Excellent organizational, communication, planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated effective critical thinking, analytical, decision making and problem-resolution skills
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to apply, teach, coach and mentor individuals and teams
- Demonstrated expertise in responsive behaviour management, PIECES or equivalent; crisis intervention and dementia
- A highly competitive compensation and benefits package has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 214
Leaders Helping Leaders … We Welcome Your Valued Referrals!
If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.