The County of Prince Edward is an island community on the shores of Lake Ontario with a proud United Empire Loyalist heritage. Boasting beautiful beaches and a unique rural landscape, the County offers serene country living. Our strong agricultural roots, thriving tourism attractions, renowned regional cuisine, and growing wine industry combine to offer a unique and unmatched quality of life.
This is your chance to be an integral part of a management team that is truly making a difference in the lives of Seniors!
The H. J. McFarland Memorial Home located in Prince Edward County is an accredited non-profit Long Term Care Facility operated by the Corporation of the County of Prince Edward and the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
We are located on 3 acres of beautifully landscaped properties on the outskirts of Picton, with walkways, courtyards, a covered patio, and gazebo. As a non-profit facility, we are home to 84 amazing Residents and offer a range of services and programs that enrich their Quality of Life.
At H.J McFarland home we take pride in providing quality care to residents. Our mission, vision, and values reflect this commitment to our residents and our mission is to provide compassionate, resident centered care incorporating freedom of choice, respect, dignity and continuous quality improvement in compliance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act.
We need a collaborative leader who will value our residents and their families – who believes our residents are always central to the provision of Resident-focused care and recognizes the unique individuality and importance of every resident.
A Registered Nurse who shares our vision to be the long-term care home choice in Prince Edward County.
We need a collaborative leader who puts the Residents first and embraces Resident centered care.
An individual who respects everyone connected to the Home.
A Director of Care who values autonomy and the ability of residents to direct their own care and make choices regarding their care.
Someone who understands the importance of the safety of everyone residing, entering, and working in the Home.
We need a leader who is able to motivate, listen, communicate and be a team builder.
Reporting directly to the Administrator, the Director of Care/RN is responsible for the overall management of the nursing department.
- Promotes and demonstrates resident focused care.
- Oversees and coordinates the delivery of services and care to residents.
- Provides supportive, effective and consistent leadership to the nursing department
- Ensures that departmental policies and procedures are developed, followed and reviewed regularly.
- Develops and implements quality audits.
- Ensures the nursing staff work collaboratively with other disciplines to coordinate effective multidisciplinary approach to resident care.
- Coordinates and leads the care conference program; providing information and updates to residents and families as needed
- Participates in all committees of the Home.
- Leads the infection control program and professional advisory committee.
- Investigates resident and employee incidents and complaints.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Nursing
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Three (3) years of experience working as a Registered Nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting
- One (1) year of experience working as a Registered Nurse in the long term care sector
- Effective leadership skills with experience working in an unionized environment
- Extensive knowledge of MOHLTC standards for long-term care with emphasis on nursing administration, quality resident care as well as infection prevention and control practices
- Compassionate, resilient and adaptable to change
- Proven ability to apply critical thinking and clinical judgment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Knowledge of scheduling and staffing procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, RAI-MDS and advanced knowledge of computerized nursing documentation programs
- Current satisfactory vulnerable sector background check
Please apply in confidence to:
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.