Our client, a Canadian owned, family run business, is seeking a Long Term Care Consultant, Registered Nurse, Ontario
Join our client, where residents and staff alike are treated and feel as though they are members of an extended family.
Our client’s passionate is about people! Dignity, respect, independence, safety, security, accessibility and equal opportunity are the cornerstones of their service-based philosophy. Continuously striving for excellence in all that they do, committed to providing long-term care solutions that adhere to the highest standards in quality senior care.
As the Long-Term Care Consultant, Registered Nurse, you will oversee the Long-Term Care programs and education across the organization, which consists of 3 LTC Homes, located in London, Brampton, and Niagara Region.
You will liaise with Nursing and Program / Recreation staff in the Homes to ensure effective operations and oversee the following programs:
- Life Enrichment
- Anti-Psychotic Reduction
- Partnering with DOC’s in each Home to create quality action plans
As a member of The Management Team, you will ensure the coordination and completion of specific resident care and service issues as delegated by the Director, Clinical Services.
You will be responsible for the adherence to legislative requirements and industry standards.
As the Long Term Care Consultant, RN, you will provide coaching and supervision of nursing and program management staff, you will ensure and promote the provision of resident centred care and that services are available to meet the needs of the resident as follows:
- Promotes the philosophy and practices of resident centredness and humanizing in all resident encounters and decisions
- Supports and helps provide resident advocacy through the promotion and respect of the Bill of Rights
- Respects and uses sensitivity in spiritual, cultural and ethnic aspects of a resident’s life
- Encourages a wellness perspective
- Facilitates relationships between and among residents, relatives, staff and community in the Homes
- Ensures opportunities for resident participation in decisions that affect the resident’s rights and lifestyle
- Creates opportunities for individuals to make choices and to take actions that will enhance the resident’s sense of mastery
- Promotes a comfortable and safe environment that provides opportunities for privacy, dignity, control and maintenance of personal lifestyle
- Ensures humanizing elements (pets, plants, birds, children, décor and programs) are supported and integrated into everyday life of the residents.
- Provides leadership for resident programs and service
- Provides leadership in effective professional nursing practice
- Establishes communication systems and effective relationships
- Provides effective human resource practices
- Provides for effective use of material resources